Sunday, April 19, 2015

"Pood Foisoning"

April 13, 2015

Yeah, last week I ate a bad cheeseburger and got food poisoning. So did another Elder. It was not a pretty sight. I was only dry-heaving in the morning, but then had diarrhea for the rest of the week. I lost weight though, so now I'm back to pre-mission physical shape (skinny, and that's it.) I'm healthy now though!

But we ate at an awesome restaurant in Maho Bay! It's called Sunset Grill. We watched planes come in right over the beach! It was so crowded, and with all the people it was a bit distracting, so not the most missionary-friendly environment, but a cool experience nonetheless. We met a family from Lehi, and the daughter goes to BYU! It was way cool! There are tourists that come to church just about every Sunday, too, from the States. When I was in Martinique and French Guiana, I thought I'd never see another American again for the rest of my life.



Funny thought I just had. People pay thousands and thousands of dollars to come and visit this place where I walk around going door-to-door, in in the hot sun, listening to all sorts of rude comments and opinions on my religion. How lucky am I!

RONALD

Sadly, Ronald didn't get baptized on Saturday. He still has some things he's trying to work out so that he can feel forgiven for past transgressions. He called us on Thursday to tell us that he wasn't ready, and that he would need more time, so we went and saw him on Friday morning. We found out that he needs more time and we're going to continue teaching him. He said, "I may not be baptized yet, but don't worry, I'm a member of the church."

He had an interview with the Branch President on Sunday, and now he's working with him as well, as an extra support for Ronald. I think that (once home teaching gets started in the branch) we're going to get Ronald some home teachers too.

SAMANTHA

She's doing well. She confronted her fear of her dad and asked him if she could come to church on Sunday. He said no, because he had special plans for her family in church that day. So we'll try again this Sunday. She has gotten an answer and she knows that the Book of Mormon is true! She prayed and had an experience with the Spirit! Oh, how that made me happy to hear. That is one of the greatest rewards in missionary work. I love when people learn things and come to know the truths that I cherish and love so much.

THE JAMES FAMILY

Robert had to work yesterday morning, so the family couldn't come to church. But this Sunday, we're going to get the kids there whether the parents come or not!

PICTURES

We have some really nasty neighbors. The fat one likes to weed the yard across the street naked with all her kids. The other two are always stomping around in other neighbors' yards. (The pigs and the cows.)



Pictures from Sunset Grill. The lady behind Elder Glover spilled beer all over us. She smiled, embarrassed, but didn't apologize.

Elder Fraley talking with Elder Thompson; Elder Broadbent

A member from Utah has been sailing the world for the last year and a half and stopped here in St. Martin. His yacht is huge! He's loaded. He gave the branch a tour of it.

Elder Broadbent and Dayton

BRINGING FORTH ZION

This last week I chose a new topic to study the Book of Mormon. I'm studying about the Spirit, and it's been great so far. I'm learning new things already. In 1 Nephi 13:37 it talks about the saints in the latter days: "blessed are they who shall seek to bring forth my Zion at that day, for they shall have the gift and the power of the Holy Ghost." This is such a cool blessing! We can have God's Spirit with us, and it's power! BUT it's conditional upon our diligence with bringing forth Zion. So let's preach the gospel, share our testimonies, fulfill our callings in church, and help support other members of the Church who are struggling.

I love you all!

Elder Dayton


No comments:

Post a Comment