Monday, March 23, 2015

Wedding Week!!

March 23, 2015

I ate a live sea urchin today! That was daring.

So, yesterday was a lot better than the Sunday before! We had THREE investigators at church yesterday!!

MONICA AND ROBERT JAMES

So the kids didn't come to church, but the parents did!! They stayed all three hours. They seemed to like it too! In Gospel Principles we had a ton of investigators and new members, so we talked about the importance of the sacrament. Afterwards, I asked Robert (Brother James) how he liked the lesson and he said, "When they tried to give me the sacrament earlier, I was like 'Whoa! I don't know if I should take it,' so I didn't take it. And now I know what it's for. I'm not going to take it until I'm a full member of the church." Then I was like, "YES!!"

So they're pretty much awesome. They're getting married in two days. We're invited to their wedding party on Sunday, so that's going to be cool! But because of that.. I don't know if they'll be coming to church this Sunday. Plus, this week they're going to be in a hotel with the whole family until Friday, so we won't be able to teach them much. But things are rolling in the right direction!!

RONALD

A new investigator (for us) that was given to us by the sisters! He is super awesome! He's 47. He lives alone. He's from Haiti, and his English isn't that great, so we started teaching him last week in French. They sisters did some awesome work with him and helped him to accept a baptismal date for April 11th. So we're just taking over now. He's awesome! He came to church yesterday. He loves church. He has a Jehovah's Witness background, but hasn't been active. He reads the Book of Mormon a ton and he is just loving everything we teach. So he's awesome!!

We had Zone Conference yesterday with Elder Cornish. It was great! But sadly, it was over Skype, and it was really short. But we talked a lot about member work and planning out our investigators' conversion. We also talked a lot about the Atonement and I just loved it! I'm reading the Infinite Atonement right now. It's probably one of my favorite books of all time. Elder Cornish loves it too and he talked about it a lot.


Elder Broadbent has been deathly ill these past few days! We were stuck in the apartment a bit, but we still had a productive week anyway. He's a tough guy. He either has a flu or the Chikungunya... I hope he gets better soon!

Love,
Elder Dayton

A couple photos of our apartment when Elder Broadbent was lying in bed. He looks like a zombie when he's sick... haha



We went to a cool place for P-day today called Coralita. There are a ton of sea urchins and cool little islands made of seashells and coral that you can walk out to. It's so beautiful!








No comments:

Post a Comment