Sunday, December 28, 2014

Joyeux Noël de Guyane

December 22, 2014


Ho ho ho family!

I hope you're not freezing your toes off right now. My toes do kind of hurt, but it's just because I got a couple of blisters from running on the 72 F° beach into the sunrise this morning. Woe is me...

I'll be seeing you all in just a few days on Skype! I'm pretty excited about that! Except I don't really know what we're going to talk about. Christmas Day is going to be a lot of fun. We already have the whole day pretty much planned out. We'll be visiting members and investigators and sharing short Christmas messages all day, and inviting everyone to be baptized.

Today we're celebrating Christmas as a zone. We will be eating a nice Christmas meal that we're all pitching in to prepare. Then, President Mehr has authorized all the missionaries to watch a movie at 6:00 instead of going back to work. So we're watching that Disney movie called "Frozen." I don't know what it is. Hopefully it's a good one!

The missionaries got together and prepared a Christmas feast.

I don't have much news for the week. We had a total of 5 investigators at church yesterday, and 4 of them have baptismal dates! That's the best we've done so far.

QUINCY and COMPTON are two investigators from Guyana, so we teach them in English. They're really cool. Quincy has the same problem as Pierre-Louis did though, in that he is trying to get his papers and he's not married to his partner. But Compton is his partner's 18 yo brother. He's really cool. He just looks and seems a lot like someone I might meet in the US. It's weird speaking English with people, because it seems too natural to be able to communicate. He hasn't been in French Guiana for very long though so he doesn't speak a lot of French, so church yesterday was a little bit boring I think. But both of them have accepted to be baptized if they receive the confirmation of the truthfulness of the BoM.

JOSE came to church again. He's still loving the BoM! His partner Val wants to get baptized in the 7th Day Adventist Church though, so we're letting her go. But Jose is super sweet! I wish I had my boy Elder Owen or Elder Hill here to translate Spanish for me. Jose is hilarious, even with the language barrier. My Spanish is slowly coming along though. Sadly, I have nothing to study with at night or during lunch.

CHIKELSON came to church too for his second time! It was a real panic trying to get him ready to go in order to have him get a ride. I ended up ironing his shirt and pants for him and we rushed him out the door. He's still an energetic goofball gazelle. He's really funny and has a hilarious laugh. He talks about baptisms seriously though and wants to be ready. We just need him to think about it all the time, and less about soccer and his abs. 

I love you all!

Merry Christmas!
Elder Dayton

No comments:

Post a Comment