Sunday, October 26, 2014

Goodbye Martinique!

October 20, 2014

Hello everyone,

I have some very sad news. I'm leaving Martinique after 10 of the best months of my life. I'll be spending the next 40ish hours of my time here running around saying goodbye, giving hugs and handshakes to everyone that I love.

I'll be joining Nate, Norm, and Zack down in South America! I'll be in the Amazon Jungle of French Guiana (Guyane Française) to be a Zone Leader with Elder Belnap! I'm super excited! I know Elder Andrew Belnap and he's an awesome missionary/bodybuilder/man-hunk, and he baptized a bunch of people that I taught after I left Baie-Mahault! He has also served here in Fort-de-France too, so we've basically served in all the same areas.

Elder Lever is also down there, as well as two of my favorite missionaries, Elder Smith (P-Jones' lookalike) and Elder Savage. There are also some sisters, but I don't really know anything about them.

I'm being replaced here by Elder Christensen, who is a boss missionary. He's going to baptize all of my investigators... I'm so jealous. I'm so excited for him and Elder Lewis though. They've already served together before and they were powerhouses!!

I don't know much about French Guiana, but I know that it's way more hot and way more humid. I know that the branch is just exploding though and the missionaries are baptizing like crazy. So I'm excited to join in on the fun, and I hope that I can continue leading them to victory with Elder Belnap.

RENAUD

He's still progressing. He should be getting his patches to help him on the road to quitting cigarettes in November. So we gave him a baptismal date for the 15th of November. He really wants to get there! I'm excited for him and I hope to receive an email while I'm in Guyane about a baptism.

GERSON

So his phone broke this last week, and so we weren't able to get ahold of him at all. We could call him and hear him speak, but he couldn't hear anything we were saying. It was so frustrating! Elder Lewis and I were so sad and we were feeling like giving up hope. We had thoughts that Gerson wasn't serious enough to ever get baptized. But then on Sunday, a true miracle happened and he was at church when Elder Lewis and I got there! He got a ride with the President somehow. I told him that I was leaving to French Guiana and he was so sad. He told me that he cried and was devastated that I'm going to miss his baptism. That's when we realized that he was truly sincere. He'll make it to baptism. He just needs Elder Christensen and Elder Lewis to get him there. We're having a family night with the Maugers and Gerson tonight. It's going to be a great member lesson, and a good final farewell.

PIERRE-LOUIS
His "woman" is pregnant and is having some complications with the pregnancy. She has been ordained bed-rest for the next month because there has been a fracture/break of some kind in her belly. The baby is due in January, but they're really starting to worry. So Elder Lewis and I went and visited them yesterday because Pierre-Louis wanted us to give her a blessing. And miraculously, Frère Mauger and his cute little Haitian family showed up for a visit. So he joined in on the sealing of the anointing. It was an amazing blessing. I could truly feel God's power and the Spirit working through us as I pronounced the blessing upon her head. It was something I'll never forget. Pray for Wilta and her baby, and also for Pierre-Louis to find work.

PICS

Elder Russell and I had a fun and successful last exchange together. We of course ended the night eating chicken and bake.



 


Oh yeah! There was a baptism! Tania Sablé got baptized by Elder Sims and Elder Glover down in Sainte-Luce.



A bunch of members that I said goodbye to... Sister Yva, who cooks so well and makes the madras ties. Some Young future missionaries. Some faithful ladies of the branch. Good ol' Frère Chinan and his sunglasses. Frère Lagin, former missionary and really really good friend from the branch. Renaud (yellow tie and blue shirt.)















Cake at the Sillons' house with a 10 on top for the number of months I spent in Martinique. If I ever come back here on vacation, they're the couple to contact, because they know EVERYTHING about the island.



Gerson Noel with me and Elder Lewis. I'm going to miss him so much. He's become a great friend. Saying goodbye is going to be hard.


I love you all very much! Happy transfer week! :) Travel safe!

Love,
Elder Dayton

No comments:

Post a Comment