Sunday, October 26, 2014

Conference Answers Questions

October 6, 2014

Conference was awesome! In the very first song, High On the Mountain Top, I saw my favorite singer up close like 3 times!! It was the best! :) Also, Mom, I LOVED the arrangement of Softly and Tenderly. You were right! That really is such a beautiful song! I don't cry on my face, but on the inside I was tearing up a little bit.

CONFERENCE ANSWERS QUESTIONS

Holy mackerel! Conference was amazing! I had some very specific questions answered very specifically. Especially during Henry B. Eyring's Preisthood Session talk. It was so good! And of course, I loved Elder Bednar's awesome talk. I listen to all the sessions in French this time around except for Saturday Afternoon and Priesthood. I miss a little bit of the vocabulary in French, and a little bit of the emotion, but it was great to watch it with the members and some of the investigators.

MR DELUGE

We have a new investigator that we found and taught last week, and he came to conference! His name is Mr. Déluge. He's in his 50s or 60s and he is pretty awesome. He's surprisingly normal. He has some girls and seems to lead just a nice, non-crazy Caribbean life! He liked the one session of Conference he saw and was there for President Monson's talk. Sadly the power went off about 3 minutes into his talk for the rest of that session. :(

I LOVE THIS BRANCH

I've been able to serve here for the last 9 months, and I've grown so close with all of the members. I had several of them asking me how much time I had left on my mission. They all feel like I'm getting so old. And it's weird, because I am!! I only have 7 1/2 months left! Ken Tingey just got home! Life just goes on too fast... I don't want this to end.

NO BITING BACK

This past week in 3 Nephi 6:13 I really liked the concept it explains that among the Nephites, "some did return railing for railing, while others would receive railing and persecution and all manner of afflictions, and would not turn and revile again." I'm trying to be more like the others who would receive railings, but "would not turn and revile again." Something I've been learning on my mission is to not bite back at comments that people make, whether they are meant to be hurtful or if they just get under my skin. I've become more open to people's advice, and I'm growing better able to discern when people are expressing to me heartfelt feelings. As Dallin H. Oaks taught from 3 Nephi 11, contention is of the devil, and even the commandment-keepers need to beware of disputations. One of the greatest attributes I feel that I'm acquiring out here is self control. It is difficult to hold back sometimes, but at the same time it makes me feel so FREE!

Love,

Elder Dayton

No comments:

Post a Comment