Monday, August 25, 2014

Picture Day

August 25, 2014

Brothas and sistahs,

So last week you guys got quite a treat on the stories. But I spent so much of my time typing them that I didn't send any pictures or anything. So that's what this email will be for. Also, this last week wasn't as exciting as the week before because we had some business to take care of with the senior couple. (Btw, the Turners are the COOLEST!! I'm totally moving to Canada to live with them after my mission.)

THE MAPLE SYRUP

Yes, that's right. The other day Elder Lewis and I were at Carrefour (French version of Wal-Mart) when I noticed maple syrup! I hadn't eaten it in over a year, so I had to get it. Then Elder Lewis made me some French Toast (what an awesome companion, right?!) For all of you who are wondering, French toast is not something people actually eat in France... until we came along!




BEAUTIFUL VIEWS

Yeah, Martinique is beautiful right? The one of the ocean is overlooking a city called Bellfontaine.

The other one is right in the city of Fort-de-France after some rain.




ELDER LEWIS THE REVELATOR

Elder Lewis knows so much about the Gospel. He has amazing pondering sessions and always has so much inspiration that he shares with me during companionship study. He's basically a prophet.


ELDER DAYTON AND THE MADRAS TIE

So, Madras is like a French West Indies thing. It's basically multi-colored plaid. It's very cultural and it's everywhere here. So anytime a missionary gets his hands on a madras tie, it is coveted by all the other missionaries. And Sister Yva, a member here, made me and Elder Jex madras ties before he left. She must just love me. :)



QUENETTES

They're called something else in English. Elder Lewis' dad calls them "snot balls." They're little green fruits that you break open the skin and pop the inside in your mouth. Then you suck the slimy, sugary fruit off of the pit and then spit it out. Man, I wish you guys could all eat this stuff!



BIRDS EAT OUR FOOD

You guys might get raccoons and squirrels in your camping food, but birds fly into our apartment and eat our fruit. Then they leave little surprises on the floor. We could just shut our sliding doors when we leave... oh well.


IT RAINS HARD HERE

Sometimes we get soaked when we're out working. And it rains on our balcony.


ELDER RUSSELL'S BIRTHDAY WAS ON SATURDAY

I gave him a present. Well,dorothydayton@msn.com actually I re-gifted things that I got from you mom! So thanks for the lego car, the hi-chews, and the fruit snacks! :)



Gotta go! People are revolting at this cyber café!

Love you all! Have a great week!
Elder Dayton

No comments:

Post a Comment