Tuesday, June 17, 2014

HUMP DAY!!

May 26, 2014

HOLY MOLY HELLO HOMIES!

Happy Memorial Day. I hope you remember me on this wonderful holiday. We had a week that was "Super!" as Elder Fraley would say. :)

ONE YEAR MARK aka HUMP DAY

I have officially been out on a mission for one year now. It's pretty weird to think that I'm at the peak, now looking downhill. All the experiences I've had in the last year are summed up in the pages of my journal, the emails I've sent to all of you, and the letters I've sent home. I also have over a thousand photos that give a deeper look into some of the things I've seen and done. But none of that will even give you a taste distinct enough to help you get a grasp on all of my experiences so far. From the MTC to Martinique, from the Pepper Palace in New Orleans to the volcano in Guadeloupe. I have gotten to see, do, and feel so much that I would have never otherwise discovered had I not gone on a mission. I'm grateful for the blessing I have to serve where I am serving, meet the people I've encountered, and feel the daily emotional climate changes. I believe I am now tougher mentally, more spiritually sensitive, more socially apt, and more knowledgeable of different cultures and ways of life. I've had millions of unforgettable experiences, and millions more of experiences that sadly I will forget. As in the words of Jacob, "our lives passed away like as it were unto us a dream" (Jacob 7:26). I am now left with one year to serve the Lord with all my heart and soul. I pray that I can make the best of it and continue keeping record so that these next 12 months can be forever accounted for in detail, for my own sake, and for those who will come after me.

RENESSA'S BAPTISM

Renessa got baptized on Saturday! It was awesome! Marclin Anthony baptized her with Frère Lagrand's help. Elder Fraley and I were witnesses. We were standing on the beach watching them walk out to where it was deep enough, and they just kept walking. Then we realiwed that we wouldn't be able to hear Marclin at all, so Elder Fraley and I turned around and shrugged our shoulders, and the Elders Quorum President and Branch Mission Leader waved us out and said, "Go!" So we took off our shoes and socks and went in after them to witness the baptism. We were pretty lucky. :) The water felt so good!







  







Weird story... So she didn't get confirmed yesterday, and she didn't come to church either. Saturday afternoon, Renessa got kicked out of her house, so she doesn't have anywhere to stay, so she went down south with our Group Leader Frère Lagrand and his family who were on vacation. And they didn't come to church either because they were "on vacation" (I know, that's not good, but that's another problem... :/ ) So we planned it out and we're going to confirm her next week in Fort de France with the rest of the branch.

I'm out of time!

I love you all! Thanks for all the birthday wishes! :) You guys are THE BEST! And the package you sent me was AWESOME family! The tie and tie bar are sweet! I wore them at the baptism! And I'm wearing the Harper shirt today! :) P.S. I might send it home because I like them too much and I don't want them to get ruined.

Love you!

Elder Taylor Dayton

No comments:

Post a Comment