Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Back from Trinidad

June 9, 2014

Goo'day inside!!

This last week was awesome! I'm just trying to think of what to talk about and my brain is going a million kilometers per hour, so be patient with me as I try to smear my brain on this french keyboard...

MISSION LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE

Trinidad was awesome! We flew in on Tuesday, had a devotional that night, and then conference all day Wednesday, and then flew home on Thursday morning. I like flying a lot, but I'm getting sick of waiting in airports and going through security all the time. But I have to soak it up, because life here in the West Indies is something I'll never get to experience again!

The Conference was awesome! The theme was Jesus Christ: A Perfect Leader. We talked about the Atonement, how to lead our missionaries, and how we can correct missionaries with love. President Mehr is amazing, but almost more amazing is Sister Mehr. And the Assistants did a great job too. I love them. Anyway, it was one of the most spiritually edifying little vacations I've ever been on. I hope I get to go on the next one in 6 months too. And I AM officially being made Zone Leader next week. I'm pretty excited to work more closely with the Assistants. Stay tuned! It's gonna be a crazy ride! should be awesome!

THE MULCIBAS

Mr and Mrs Mulciba came to church yesterday with their 7 year old son Youri! They are a perfect family. They're already married, and they have a car (actually 2!) which is like finding gold here in the West Indies! They were late for church because she's a hair-dresser and she had to do some Catholic kids' hair in the morning. But they came and they loved our lesson about the Sabbath Day. They are already planning on coming to our scripture study class on Friday, church on Sunday, and then Family night next Monday! :) They also had us over after church yesterday for lunch and it was way good. They spent lots of time laughing with us as they tried to teach us how to speak French Creole. I love them so much and they love us too! They're already really sad and dreading the day that I leave Trinité. I hope to stay in contact with them for the rest of my life, and hopefully see them get baptized!

REMI

We had an awesome lesson on Saturday with him and his 28 year old sister Karine! She doesn't live in our area except for when she's on vacation, but she was really interested, so we'll pass her down to the elders down south so they can baptize her! :) We played basketball on Saturday night with Rémi and had a blast. We played on a really nice outdoor court right on the ocean at about 7:30. In the US, the court would be crammed with people, but we were the only ones there!! It was beautiful. And Rémi's a baller too! He can dribble way better than me, and he's really tall for a 13 year old. We should be playing again this week. We're already his way good friend! He loves us! :) He went to church in Fort-de-France yesterday too, so that's good. Elder Fraley and his new companion are probably going to baptize him...

GOODBYES

I don't have any more time, but that's how life always seems. Every second that goes by is a second that you'll never get back. I probably won't be serving in Trinité anymore after this week. I'm going to miss it so much. All my friends and family would pay lots of money just to be able to go do door-to-door in my area. I've been so blessed to be able to serve in such a paradise for the past 5 1/2 months. I hope that one day I'll be able to go back.

Loves,
Elder Dayton

P.S. Elder Fraley and I made the cover of the mission newsletter with Renessa's baptism!! Booyah! :) haha


--Me and Elder Justin Ferrin, a DHS graduate of 2011! He's a ZL in Trinidad! He's super awesome and it was really good to see him in Trinidad and talk about our Kaysville buddies! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment