Thursday, March 27, 2014

Happy Jour de Saint Patrice

March 17, 2014

Dear fam,

Honestly, this past week wasn't too much to brag about. I probably could get a better attitude for sure... I'll work on that!

Some big news is that Adrien, my investigator that I found and taught in Baie-Mahault should be getting baptized on March 22nd! He called me last week and he sounded so happy! :) I miss him like crazy and I can't wait to see him again as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

PROGRESSING INVESTIGATORS

This last week we taught Christina to follow the prophet. She's going to do it, she said! So that's good! :) haha She's going to watch conference. (P.S. I am PUMPED for conference! Just a few weeks away!)

Cedric and Caytleen's family... We taught them three times last week, but Cedric wasn't there a single time... :/ I don't really know what's up. We talked about marriage with the rest of the family and the kids want their parents to be married, and Caytleen wants to get married, but I think they're all just waiting on Cedric. They still haven't even told him that we talked about marriage. I'm kind of disappointed with how things are going with them now. Things could be abolutely perfect, but Satan has to throw in one little thing that slows down the eternal progression of 4 of God's precious children... Not cool, Satan!

Another wrench that Satan threw into the machine was that we had 0 investigators at church this week AGAIN! Nobody came. :/ We had church down in Fort-de-France again, so our group was supposed to go there (30 minutes away), and basically nobody from our group went! We only had 3 members from Trinite that even showed up! I was super bummed. We can do better!!

JOCELYN

We saw Jocelyn again last week and he's finding more happiness in his life. I think things are starting to turn around for him! It's great!

EXCHANGE WITH ELDER JOHNSTON

I went on an exchange with Elder Johnston down in the south part of the island. It is BEAUTIFUL down there! There are white people all over the place because that's where everyone goes for vacation. In the morning we went on a 10 minute run to the beach, hung out for 10 minutes, and then ran back to their house for 10 minutes. It was beautiful!!





It's fun down there, but I don't like it as much as Trinite... Elder Johnston's super funny! He's from Arkansas and we have a lot of fun together. We were actually companions in the MTC for 2 weeks while I was in his district. It's fun to work with him in the field now and see how much we've grown. We spent most of the day contacting and I got electrocuted by somebody's doorbell. Then we temporarily broke it and it went off for about 15 minutes. Luckily nobody was home!

NO NEW INVESTIGATORS

This last little while Elder Lever and I have been trying to find new investigators, but nothing's really working out! We just keep striking out. :/ We're going to keep trying though! It's just frustrating sometimes because we're supposed to be busy at basically every waking minute of the day (or else we're not using our time wisely and therefore SINNING), but sometimes it seems like we have literally nothing to do! But, we keep on pushing, and keep on trying to find people who are willing to accept eternal life. Some of the biggest things I've learned from the mission is how to use time wisely, how to be patient, and how to keep going despite the many tribulations and trials and troubles that we face as Latter-day Saints.

KEEP BEING HAPPY

Despite the boringness and sadness that you might have caught from reading this letter, HAVE A GOOD ATTITUDE! :) Life is beautiful! Live it up! Tell a stranger that you love them! Smile at someone who looks mad at you! Feed human food to an animal!

I love you,
Elder Dayton




Here's a huge spider that I almost touched with my hand while opening our gate! I tried to be manly and catch him, but he escaped...

(Maybe the spider wanted some human food?)

No comments:

Post a Comment