Monday, March 10, 2014

Carnival is Not So Fun

March 10, 2014

Hello world!

This is Elder Dayton from Martinique, do you remember me? Anyway, I'm just a missionary speaking French on an island in the Caribbean. It's pretty cool. Anyway, I'm doing well, I'm happy, I'm healthy, I'm still good at handstands, and I haven't gotten TOO fat yet.




I won't be home again until next year, so if you need me you can email me at taylor.dayton@myldsmail.net or send me a letter at (notice the spelling change on Dorsale):

Elder Taylor Dayton
Residence Aigue Marine
Bat. A3 Appt. 7
Rue de la Dorsale
97200 Fort-de-France
Martinique

There honestly isn't a lot to talk about this week. Last week was Mardi Gras, so we didn't really get to work much on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. We were advised to stay in our apartment as much as possible, unless we had an important appointment in the countryside.

In missionary work there are definitely a lot of ups and downs. Two weeks ago was one of the best weeks ever, and this last week wasn't much in comparison to that. But that's life! There is opposition in all things (2 Nephi 2). Without bad experiences there literally would be NO good experiences ever. So it is necessary that we have bad weeks every once in a while.

This last week we did a lot of finding--or at least attempting to find. We ran into a lot of Metropolitans (true, white, French people, from France) and I learned a new word through speaking with them! #alwayslearning The word is "athée." That means atheist for all of you English speakers out there. So, my heart goes out to all of the missionaries in France. I thought that I had it hard here! (Holla to ma boi Jordan Brown in Nancy, France!!)

Christina is doing well. We taught her the Word of Wisdom this last week and it was good! She didn't have a problem with any of it except for that she drinks tea every so often. But she's completely willing to stop! :)

Cedric, Caytleen, Christopher, and Alexandra are doing well. Sadly they didn't come to church because people were sick and Cedric's mom had to go to the hospital for something (nothing too bad, so don't worry) so they weren't really available on Sunday. It's okay... we'll keep working with them! I'm sure they'll get the importance of church attendance soon! We taught them the Plan of Salvation this past week. We didn't talk about marriage yet--the time wasn't really right. Maybe this week? Yes, probably. We're going to see them tomorrow night!

That's about it from my side of the Mississippi! I hope you all had a good and safe week, and I hope you have another one! :)

Love,
Elder Taylor Dayton

P.S. We did a really cool hike today 
for p-day out and around the peninsula by our house in a tourist town called Tartane. It was beautiful! It's like a natural park area so it's protected and nobody can live there. It was SO sweet! It was hot though.















No comments:

Post a Comment