Friday, January 3, 2014

Merry Christmas, Everybody!

December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas!

We got our P-Day moved to Tuesday for this week so we could have a little party with the missionaries of Guadeloupe. We're having a big feast this afternoon at our new "mom's" house. We had a couple move into the Bennion's old home to kind of take care of us missionaries for a while. They aren't called as missionaries, but they're just serving us until a senior couple actually gets called. Her name is Emily and her husband is here working, so she's giving us a hand. She's really nice! :) She's American and she's making us a bunch of turkey and mashed potatoes. A classic Christmas Eve Dinner!

Our branch had a little activity at the Cesarin's house this last weekend. We sang a bunch of Christmas songs that I didn't know. It was a lot of fun! Christmas Spirit was in the warm and humid air! :)










Elder Wade and I did some service for a non-member/non-investigator/just-a-friend last weekend. We went over not knowing what to expect. She had us put up her Christmas trees! :) I was very grateful to serve that day.







On Sunday night the Gamiette's had Elder Wade and I over. We went and visited their neighbor Sandrine and gave her some Christmas treats. Then we sang some songs with the Gamiettes and some other members, the Bouchaud's, from another branch. It was AWESOME because they all spoke English! And we had homemade wassail. They're such an amazing family! It was just like I was at home again! :)



I love you all and I hope you're having a wonderful time this holiday season! :) I'm so grateful for My Savior, Jesus Christ, and everything he has done for me. I'm so thankful that I have the opportunity to share the message of His Gospel with the world.

Love,
Elder Dayton

No comments:

Post a Comment