Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

November 25, 2013

Hello loved ones! :)

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm sorry, but due to our eventful and fun-filled day, I don't have a lot of time to email. But I'll try to do my best and fill you in on everything important that's going on down here in Baie-Mahault, Guadeloupe, France.

First bit of news is really sad. Jocelyn can't find a home and he probably won't be able to move out until February. So we had to cancel his Dec 7th baptismal date. :( We're still working with him though! He's still coming to church and everything! We just have to wait until at least February/March.

THANKSGIVING!!

This holiday season I'm so extremely grateful for my family and friends that support me so much out here on my mission! :) Thank you all! I'm also thankful for the wonderful mission that I'm in and the wonderful missionaries that are serving with me. We had an awesome Thanksgiving feast today for P-Day! It was just like I was at home! :) We had ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, salad, and TONS of pies! It was so good!! I'm stuffed right now as I type this email. :) We also had our own little Turkey Bowl with the missionaries in our zone. We played a little bit of classic American football and some soccer too. It was a great holiday! I hope all of you have a happy Thanksgiving as well! :)

NATACHA AND KERRYANN

Natacha and Kerryann are some old investigators that used to be taught before I ever got here. Theirs are some names that kept coming up ever since I've been here, because the Gamiette family in our branch knows them pretty well and asks us about them occasionally. So, Elder Wade and I decided to go and pay them a visit last Sunday. Natacha is the mom and Kerryann is her 16 year-old son. They are both super cool and fun to talk to! They're both trying to learn English, and they both speak pretty well, so we help them a lot with that. One of their biggest problems with our message, and the reason they were sort of let go by the missionaries, was the Book of Mormon. She can't get past the fact that she needs another book than the Bible, if it teaches very similar principles.

So yesterday (a week after our first visit), we went and visited them again and we talked about the Book of Mormon. The lesson was just alright and they listened to everything we had to say. I wasn't talking very much and Elder Wade was doing most of the teaching. I was noticing how they were acting interested but I could tell that they really weren't all there with us. It wasn't more than just some head nods and some "mm-hmm's."

So toward the end of the lesson, after we read Moroni's Promise, I cut in and just bore my simple testimony. I testified to them that the Book of Mormon is everything they need in their lives right now, and the only way they can find that out is if they actually read and pray about it. I told them how important it was for me and that I was even willing to give up two years of my life, away from the 3 sisters I love, to share this Book with the world. As I was bearing my simple testimony, I could feel the Spirit so strongly and I know that they could feel it too by the look in their eyes. It was such an amazing experience to feel the Spirit just fill the room as we taught them. 

We committed them to read, I hope that they continue to receive us and keep their commitments. Kerryann especially has a ton of potential and I can't wait to see where things go with him! He's so great and he could contribute so much to our branch here, and one day be an amazing missionary too! That's the way I like to look at him right now, and I just hope that we can at least help him to find the Truth in this world.

This Gospel is true! I love it! I love the Book of Mormon! Read it! You'll understand why there are 80,000 people in the world who put their lives on pause to share it.

Gotta go! You guys are the best! :)

Love and thanksgiving,
Elder Taylor Dayton

No comments:

Post a Comment