Wednesday, August 21, 2013

BAPTISM!!!

August 12, 2013

We had a baptism on Saturday! It was my first one!! I can't really count it as "mine" though because I didn't teach her a lot. She had the baptism date set before I even came into the area. But it's okay though because I've grown really close with her. She's 10 years old, and she's so much fun! She really likes me, even though I don't always understand what she's saying. But she's learning a little bit of English in school, so we help each other with the language. And the cool thing is... she chose me to baptize her!!! :) It was so sweet!! 

The baptism was on August 10th at 4:00 PM. Not very many people came to it, which was kind of sad. But it was a beautiful service! We had a member share a talk on baptism, and had nice prelude and postlude music thanks to Elder and Sister Bennion and their iPad. The water was FREEZING!! Not so much for me, because I was only in up to my waist, and I'm from Utah where water is always cold. But for poor little Nadege, it was bitter cold!! She was so brave and so tough though. I'm proud of her. :) The next day at church we got to confirm her. I stood in the circle. The Spirit was very strong. I understood most of what was being said. After, she had a little testimony which she wrote out on a piece of paper which she bore to the whole branch. It was so cute! :) She was really nervous, but she did it! Then after, she put the paper in my pocket. I'm going to keep it forever!



No comments:

Post a Comment