Friday, July 19, 2013

P-Day in New Orleans!

We got to spend our last P-Day in New Orleans. It was really cool! I'm glad I got to experience it, but if I never ever get the chance to go back, I won't be too sad. It's a fun place, but it's just so evil! We weren't allowed to go into the French Quarter (the nastiest part of the city), but from outside, I was still a little freaked out!
On the way to New Orleans for P-Day on July 1st.

The famous Superdome! (I might be a Saints fan now, just because I've never had an NFL team. And I know Jimmy Graham and Drew Brees are sick!)


In the city.
Canal Street is famous, right? I don't really know...but it's right downtown.
Mardi Gras beads litter the whole city!


















The people in NOLA love Cafe Du Monde! I was glad to see it because it's a French name ("Cafe/Coffee of the World") and they serve French food (sort of)! I got a "meal" there...the only meal they serve, along with coffee. Three beignets for about $3. "Beignet" is French for doughnuts. They were COVERED in powdered sugar!




This "Great and Abominable Church" guards the French Quarter--one of the most wicked places on Earth! Kind of a weird thing to want to associate your religion with if you ask me...
The St. Louis Cathedral that overlooks Jackson Square

Elder Knowlton and I! I love him!
(Elder Knowlton is 6'4")


We got to go to the Pepper Palace while in New Orleans. I tried the world's hottest natural hot sauce! You have to be 18 to try it, and you have to sign a waiver first. Yikes!!


Elder Dayton looks a little nervous, signing the waiver!!

It was SO hot! I just dipped a little corner of chip in it, and my mouth burned for over an hour!!

I'm so glad I did it though! :) It was worth it! I have a pretty funny video of it, but I can't send it via email, so I guess I'll just have to show you when I get home in two years.


After a long day of partying, aka proselyting. Mardi gras beads and all.







No comments:

Post a Comment