Sunday, July 7, 2013

Au revoir MTC...bonjour Baton Rouge!

Monday, June 24, 2013

So, today is my last day here in the MTC. Super weird! It was supposed to be here a while ago, but it didn't come. Then it just snuck up on me all of the sudden! I'm really excited and really ready to leave here though! I'm gonna miss having such amazing teachers here. The MTC really is awesome! The food is really good! I weighed myself for the first time a week or two ago, and I was surprised by how much weight I've gained! I can't really see it or feel it anywhere on me, but I've gained over 10 pounds! I'm at about 157ish. I'm probably just going to gain more once I get to Louisiana! I was super happy this morning when I realized that I was still going to be in the United States for the 4th of July! :) I sure hope they do it well down south! I bet there'll be plenty of good food.

My French is improving! Hopefully I can continue to get better in Louisiana! Whether or not I teach in French, I'll have to study a ton before I go to the West Indies. The lessons we're teaching are pretty good! I can mostly understand what the investigators are saying, they just have to talk a little slower.

Here is an excerpt from a letter Elder Dayton received from the Missionary Department:

While you are waiting, your mission experience in the United States will prove to be a great blessing in your preparation to serve in Guadeloupe (FR). We encourage you to work hard, remain focused, and be involved in all aspects of missionary work. As you serve the people in the Louisiana Baton Rouge mission, your testimony and ability to teach will increase, you will set the pattern of study and hard work for the rest of your mission, and you will come to love the people. May the Lord continue to bless you and your family as you dedicate yourself to preaching the gospel to those who are seeking and ready to accept your invitation to come unto Christ.

 This same day, Elder Dayton saw Elder Brown as he was getting on the bus to head to the airport.



Later, he found Elder Woodfield and Elder Adams and was able to say one final goodbye to them.




Elder Dayton wrote, "The sunrise out the airplane window in SLC, marking the beginning of the next two years of my life!"

No comments:

Post a Comment