Sunday, July 7, 2013

Another new district, more new companions

Monday, June 17, 2013

My new P-Day is today (Monday) because I'm now in a French district! Elder Brown is in a different zone/branch than me technically, but his room and classroom are both just down the hall from me! I get to see him all the time! :) I went over to his room before bed and we did pushups together (62). Good times... Reminded me of BYU.
My new district is fun! I got put with a companionship, so now we're a trio. At first I kind of felt like a burden when it came to teaching and stuff, and I still sorta do, but I'm getting better! My French is better than my companions', especially in terms of grammar, but it's so hard for me to talk during lessons because I don't know how to talk about the gospel in French! And it's also just hard because it's been so long for me since I've done a lot of French, and I think too hard about what I'm going to say before I talk. I just need to get better at not caring what others think about my grammar.

The new French District-
Elders Christensen and Drennan; Sisters Thomas and Beagles (going to New Caledonia);
Elders Wade, Johnston and Dayton
I think my district likes me though... We're all way different, and I don't think any of us would ever hang out outside of the MTC. But it makes it so fun because everyone is so unique! We laugh a lot! I do miss all my old companions though, my old districts, my old zone... You never realize what you have until it's gone. I'm sure it will be the same way next time I get transferred!

  

Taylor misses his buddies! Here he is with Elder Adams, Elder Hill and Elder Brown. He and Elder Brown were doing laundry together on their P-day, not long before Elder Brown left for Paris.



No comments:

Post a Comment